spreading the funk since 1978

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Really?


ketchup
Originally uploaded by amusings.

When a friend of mine told me that he kind of likes William Shatner's new album Has Been, I said "really?"

www.shatnerhasbeen.com

And now as I listen to it and laugh out loud I continually ask my self the same questions. Really? William Shatner? William Shatner with Ben Folds? And every time the answer is the same. Yes, really. It's no surprise that the music is good because Ben Folds is a masterful producer. However, I do have to admit that I am oddly entertained by Shatner's lyrics. His spoken word delivery works well for his off beat sense of humor. Listening to the interviews that accompany each song also gives an interesting look at Shatner's approach to the album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home